Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Monday, January 2, 2017

Christmas Eve 2016

I can't believe Christmas is over, and it's already the new year.  I hope you all had a lovely holiday, whichever holiday you celebrate.

We had a white Christmas!  I was very glad my Dad did the driving when we went out to family Christmas Parties.
Lots of fluffy white snow.
 One of my favorite Christmas traditions is decorating the tree.  My Dad is always in charge of putting the lights on the tree.


 Mom and I decorated most of the rest but we were both too short to reach the top branches, even while standing on a chair, so had to call my Dad back to help.

 Dad brought the stepladder in to help out, lol.
Mom and Dad decorating the tree

Christmas tree, 2016
The tree, an 8 foot Fir tree, looked and smelled wonderful.

Mom, Dad, and Aunt Erna
We went to visit my Dad's sister, Erna, on Christmas Eve, and then we went to my Uncle Buck's. 
Mom and Dad baking
We  also had to bake extra Tie Plates (Pizelles) because we ate them all, lol. They're my favorite Christmas cookie.



No comments:

Post a Comment