Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Bike Ride 25



 This ride was one of my favorite rides of the autumn.  It was a gorgeous day, not boiling hot, for once, and the leaves were brilliant hues of reds, oranges, golds, and yellows.   The air was crisp and clear and the sky was a vivid blue with big fluffy cumulus clouds.  My favorite kind of day, and perfect for bike riding!
 I stopped often to take photos of trees and clouds, as you can see. 


 There's my shadow, lol.  Too funny!  I was wearing a big sweater and the sleeves were huge; looks like I had wings.
 I love these little flood prevention creeks because they're little oasis' of green in the city.  It's hard to capture how high the water was so I blew up the photo below so you can see.
 The water was rushing over the tiny drop rapidly, making a pretty little waterfall. If it hadn't been so late, I would have stopped there to read for awhile; the water made such a pleasing sound.

 The end of Wallace Terrace, near Allenside Road was so pretty,  with green fields and colorful trees in the distance.
 I took Second Line on my way back and the traffic was OK at first, but got increasingly worse the closer I came to Goulais Avenue.

 I passed this little creek, above, and stopped to watch it for a bit. I've never noticed this creek while driving in my truck.  It's so nice that bike riding lets me see things I would otherwise miss.
I did almost 10 and a half kilometers that day and find that's a perfect ride length for me. I feel good at the end, not exhausted.

I really miss going for my bike rides, and can't wait until my exercise bike arrives.  I've found so many lovely videos on Youtube so I can do virtual bike rides all winter long!

No comments:

Post a Comment