Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Crocheted Bike Basket on Bike


I crocheted a coral flower, and added it plus two light up flowers on my basket, and mounted it on my bike.  I love it!
Crocheted basket for my new bike
 It's nice and bright and cheery and has lots of room for books, water bottles, and whatever else I might want to carry.
Crocheted bike basket
 I love how it looks on the bike, especially in the shots that are brighter, which show a truer color.
 I finally matched the coral color when I did the flower. I held one strand of tangerine and one strand of pink and it was a perfect match to the bike. I wish I would have thought of it earlier.
Crocheted bike basket
 I used shower curtain rings to attach the basket to the bike. I wanted white plastic rings but couldn't find them, so I used silver rings.  When I find the white ones I'll switch them out because plastic does not rust.
 I'm happy with the way the basket looks, and with the flower too, lol. i In this pic, the flower blends in with the real ones in the background.

My padded bike capris are in so now I just have to wait to pick them up, and I can go for a (hopefully more comfy) bike ride.

In the meantime, my Dad lowered the nose on my bike to see if it would help. I also lowered the seat a bit too.  My Dad put on my lights and rearview mirror so now I'm good to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment