Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Bike Ride 7, 5.27 Mi / 8.48 Km

I had so much fun riding my bike this evening.  I went an hour before sunset, when it had cooled down a bit, and did my longest ride so far (8 and a half km!).



 I love meandering down the quiet side streets, and it thrills me to no end when I find little paths or bridges, lol.  It reminds me of being a kid again, exploring the area for the first time.  It's not the first time, of course, but it feels as though it is because I guess I just don't notice as much when I'm in my car. 


 This ride provided two meandering paths; a short one, and this windy longer one.  The bushes were filled with red berries.
 The path wound past a field and a wooded area.
 It ended at this cute little bridge.  My cousin Jeffrey and I used to play in the creek under this bridge, over 40 years ago.  It wasn't so overgrown then, and the creek was much wider.  The water was clean back then, and there was a sand bar in the middle of the creek that we used to pretend was an Island.
 I followed quite country-like roads for quite some time, enjoying every minute.

 I stopped when my quiet country-like road led me to busy Second Line.  The creek in the photo below runs under Second Line, at the corner of Brookfield.  This portion of Second Line wasn't too busy, and it has a paved shoulder, but I don't have a helmet so I decided to turn around.

 The grassy walkway that follows along the creek goes on and on; it would make a lovely walk.

 The grassy banks of the creek (flood runoff safety area).
 The sun was starting to set anyway, so it was time to go home.

 I don't know the name of these yellow flowers, but they are lovely and bright.  I took a photo so I could look them up later.

 As I rode home, I was entranced by the way the setting sun made the trees appear as though they're already changing colors (they're not). 


 I couldn't quite capture it in the photo, but those two dead coniferous trees were so red they looked like they were on fire...just from the sun.

I had to turn my bike lights on because it was starting to get dark.  I raced home and beat the setting sun.
Here's the view from my driveway, just before I went in the house.

I love my new bike!  I'm so glad I bought it.


No comments:

Post a Comment