Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Miniature Donuts

Donuts! I love donuts so of course I had to try making mini ones.  I think these are my favorite minis of all, lol. 
Miniature baked goods

They were so tiny I had to use a magnifying glass and reading glasses to make them.  I rolled a snake of polymer clay; cut it into tiny bits, rolled the bits into balls, squashed them a bit with my finger, and poked a hole in the center with a toothpick. 

I used chalk pastel to color them, and I indented them in the center a bit with an exacto knife.  I followed this Youtube tutorial from SugarCharmShop 
to make the donuts.   I LOVE her tutorials; she does amazing work. 
I pulled out this quarter to show scale and discovered quarters make great cake plates, lol. 
I wish I knew where this little tray came from.  I know it's from packaging that I kept to use but I can't remember which packaging, or else I'd go buy more as it makes a perfect donut tray.
Mini dog biscuits
My mini dog treats need work, lol.  


Mini bake shop in progress
I love the way the potted plant shows through the window in this picture; looks like a tree outside, lol.  I really need to make some curtains, shelves, chairs, posters, cash register, and figure out where to put the display case.  I like it angled like this for photos but don't think I want it there permanently.  I should have drawn a photo of my ideas for the place before beginning rather than just make things and try to figure out where to put them later, lol.  Live and learn :-).


Sadie is taking time to relax from baking by testing out the new chairs.  She thinks they're uncomfortable because she can't fully bend her legs when she sits in them; the seat is too low.  (I found the chairs at a dollar store in Guelph 4 years ago.  I wish our dollar store carried minis.)

Rufus is very happy with his dog treat!  He can't wait to eat it.
Sadie can't decide if she likes the white rainbow cake or the chocolate rainbow cake better.

On a side note, yesterday was April Fool's day and my 84 year old Uncle Buck always plays April Fools jokes on me.  Yesterday I decided to trick him for once.  He loves sweets, but is diabetic so he's not supposed to have them often.  Yesterday I told him I was sending over a special cake that had no fat and no sugar.  I gave my Dad one of my tiny mini chocolate cakes to give to my uncle, and my Dad carefully wrapped it in a tissue and put it in his pocket.  I wish I could have been there to see my uncle's face when he got his cake, lol.  My Dad said he cracked up laughing.  Later, when I talked to him on the phone, he said he laughed, but he loves the little cake and is going to make a pedestal for it so he can display it.

2 comments:

  1. Your little miniatures are so cute! I love the bakery you made. It's really neat to see a Canadian quarter. LOL I live in beautiful British Columbia and I enjoy Canadian blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Loretta,
    Thank you so much! I know, we don't often see Canadian coins on blogs, do we, lol? Thanks for popping in. Sorry it took so long for me to see your comment. Take care.

    ReplyDelete