Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Monday, March 30, 2015

Polymer clay and crochet doll

I'm so far behind on my blog; sorry.  I've been sick a lot with my asthma and various flu bugs, but have managed to do some crafting.  OK; a lot of crafting, lol.  I was going to try to fit it all into one post but after realizing how very much I had to catch up on, decided I'd better do individual posts instead of one that would be scroll length ;-0.
Polymer clay and crochet min doll with needle felted kitten and plastic canvas house
 I sculpted this dolls head out of polymer clay, and promptly forgot all about her (if I put things away I forget they exist; it drives my very organized Mom crazy that I need things out where I can see them).  I found the head awhile ago, and decided she needed a body, but I wasn't in the mood to sculpt one.  I love all of my crafts, but my favorite is crochet because I find it relaxing.  Plastic canvas is relaxing too, but crochet puts me in a zen state so I decided to crochet her a body.  I wanted to do a silly outfit for her, so I did.
Polymer clay and crocheted doll with needle felted cat and plastic canvas house

Polymer clay and crochet doll with reborn doll

 Here she is with one of my early reborn dolls, to show scale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment