Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Friday, January 9, 2015

Holiday Crochet

I crocheted a LOT this holiday season, lol.

My brother's girlfriend...now fiance...asked me to crochet two white owls, so I made these little can cozies for her.  Her color scheme was red and white so I used red eyes; otherwise i would have used black eyes.
Crocheted owl can cozies.
 I love the way these crocheted guinea pigs came out. I ended up keeping them.  I was going to give the tan and white one to Mac, who stole it 3 times, but I ended up buying him a stuffed dog instead. I  figured it would be sturdier because the yarn on the crocheted piggies is very thin after brushing them to get this furry effect.
Crocheted guinea pigs.
 I made these mug hug cup cozies for just about everyone I know.  I put herbal teas in some, chocolates in others, and diabetic candies in several. They were bright and cheery and everyone loved them.
Crocheted mug hugs.
 My aunt was diagnosed with a brain tumor suddenly, right before Christmas, so I made her this cape in her favorite color, to take to the hospital.  My Mom is modeling it for me in these pics.
Crocheted cape.
 I used special soft yarn that I found at Michaels, and a sparkly broach at the top, because my aunt loves sparkles. I told her when she wears it, to imagine she's getting a warm hug from me.
Crocheted cape.
 I made the cape quite large; large enough to be used as a throw when it's open.
Crocheted cape.
 It looks like something Elvis would wear when my Mom extends her arms like that, lol.
Crocheted cape.

2 comments:

  1. You must be the most popular niece, family or friend in town! I like the cup cozy idea. You aunt will look gorgeous in her new cape. You hamsters are adorable! I wish I had you around to encourage me to crochet a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I wish I had you around too; there are no crafty people near me and my Mom in particular is less than impressed with all the "junk" I make. She did like the cape though.

    ReplyDelete