Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Friday, January 9, 2015

Belated Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Weight loss!

Happy 2015!  I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and the New Year is treating you well.

I joined Weight Watchers online last week, and today was my first weigh in.  I'm down 7.4 Ibs!  I have a LOT more to go, but I"m off to a good start.

We had a nice Christmas here.  The dogs and birds were very happy with their gifts, and so were my parents (for once, lol).
Mac helping Ben with his gift, lol.

Mom, Mac, and Ben.

Mom and Dad by the tree.

Dad opening his new Keurig, Mom holding her gift (ipod).

Smokey opening her gift.

Noel with his gift behind him (yellow and red).
My Dad loved his new Keurig 3000.  He set it up in the basement recroom, next to his recliner by the fireplace, and he is happily making single serve coffees every night without having to come upstairs, lol. 

Mom said she liked her new ipod but she still insisted on listening to the old radio rather than the 400 songs she picked out for me to download.  Today I had to literally shut the radio off and put the ipod on her and she's been listening happily for 4 hours...with one ear.  The other earbud is tucked down her shirt, lol.  Turns out she was worried about having music directly in her ear and not being able to hear other things.

Smokey loves her new musical toy, and the button she presses the most plays a song with these lyrics: "The birds sing tweet-tweet, tweet-tweet, tweet-tweet.  It sounds really neat, tweet-tweet, tweet-tweet. She chuckles every time she hears that, lol, and sometimes says, "tweet-tweet" herself.  She's so funny.  Noel is still afraid of his new toy but it always takes him awhile to get used to new things.  He's enjoying his bird food treats though. 

The dogs were happy to have 2 gift bags each under the tree, as well as 1 gift bag each by the fireplace, in lieu of stockings (the stockings usually get ripped to shreds).



No comments:

Post a Comment