Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Monday, April 7, 2014

Plastic canvas crib, mini toys, and sewing for OOAK dolls


Little outfit for little OOAK polyme boy
 I have a beautiful Kenmore sewing machine that I hardly ever use and I finally pulled it out in order to try to sew some tiny clothes.  I had to learn how to thread the machine and bobbin all over again, it's been so long, and I've only sewn a few items before this, so it was a real challenge, but I'm very happy with the result.
 The white material is from my Dad's old undershirt, and the applique and blue ribbing is from a stained baby shirt.  I still have to add the snaps on the back of the little nightshirt.
Plastic canvas crib with built in drawers
 I made a simple baby stacking toy out of buttons, stacked and glued, with a cut bit of skewer glued on top.  The book is from a printable I found on pinterest, and the blocks are beads.  The doll's name is Phillip but I didn't have enough to spell his name out so settled for Max, lol.
Miniature stacking toy and book
 I really love this crib.  It's from a pattern meant for Barbie and hr babies, and it fits my OOAK polymer clay sculpt perfectly.  The mattress is really just a piece of foam board encased in fabric; same with the pillow.
 I needle felted the teddy bear quite some time ago.  I think it's pretty cool that I made everything in the photo; even the doll eyes.

 The white onesie below is a practice onesie.  It's quite a bit bigger than the little nightshirt I made because it's from an actual baby sized pattern, shrunk by 50 %.  I'm going to try one shrunk by 70% tomorrow.  This was the first time I did sleeves.
Practice doll onesie out of repurposed tshirt

Plastic canvas crib and highschair
Below are some of my polymer clay baby sculpts and the plastic canvas furniture. I'm having so much fun with this!  I can't wait to start my next doll, but first I want to learn how to make fabric doll bodies.
4 of my sculpts so foar

No comments:

Post a Comment