Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Friday, May 10, 2013

Regrown Celery, update 1

My regrown celery is doing so well.  For those of you who are new, I started regrowing celery from a cut stalk last month, and blogged about it here: http://craftkat.blogspot.com/2013/05/regrowing-celery.html

Here are a few photos showing it's progression.  It started out as a flat white end piece with absolutely no green, and no raised parts.  It was half frozen and I didn't think it would work, but it surprised me.
Regrown celery from cut end, regrowing!

Regrown celery from cut end, growing big enough to need transplanting
Transplanted regrown celery...looking like celery now.
Regrown celery regrowing nicely.
As you can see, the celery is doing great.  That last photo was taken today.  I should have written down the dates of the photos, but so far, it's been about a month since I started.  The new celery stalks are getting thicker, and there are more of them.  The leafy tops are a nice, healthy green.  It seems to enjoy being potted, and it seems to enjoy  that sunny spot on the window sill.  I'm very pleased with how it's doing.  It was a fun experiment, and it will be interesting to see how big it will get.  I wonder if it will get big enough to eat again?  If so, it will be like getting a free stalk of celery, lol.  That could cut down on groceries, sort of like a buy one get one free deal!



No comments:

Post a Comment