Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Regrown Anise (fennel) update


Regrown Anise and celery, May 17


Regrown Anise, celery, and green onions, May 19

Regrown Anise, and celery, May 19
It amazes me how quickly the regrown Anise is growing; much quicker than the regrown celery, which was started several weeks to a month earlier.  2 Anise plants are growing (or regrowing) from the tiny portion of cut end stalk of the original Anise...one much taller than the other. The shorter one was a lot thicker than the tall one until now; the tall one is putting up another shoot (stalk?).  The celery is healthy, but growing a lot more slowly than the Anise. I don't know if celery does grow more slowly than Anise, or if regrown plants prefer water to being potted with earth.  I'll be potting the anise soon, so it will be interesting to see if the growth slows down.

The green onions had about half of their greens cut (and eaten) before I put them in water.  They've more than doubled in size.  They really seem to enjoy that spot on the windowsill.  My cactus plants aren't doing nearly as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment