Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Reborn Portrait Doll, choosing the right sculpt




I was asked several times over the past few weeks if I'd done a reborn portrait doll.  I have, but unfortunately I only have photos of the reborn doll...I gave the photos of the actual baby back, so i have no way to prove i can do it.

I am thinking of doing a reborn portrait baby of myself.  It would be a doll I can keep, I'd always have the baby pictures.

I blew up some old photos of myself and cropped the face so i could try to find a sculpt that resemble my baby self.


First birthday, cutting cake with Auntie Erna

Me sitting in my rocker (I still love rockers, lol)

Mom and I (first birthday)


































It's hard to find an exact sculpt, but i think these ones are close:   One is Lilly, by Denise Pratt, and the other is Rowan, by Jessica Schenk.  It's going to be hard to choose.  I think Lilly is a closer match though.
bb
Rowan kit, Jessica Schenk, reborn by Melissa's Carriage
bb
Lilly kit sculpted by Denise Pratt,

No comments:

Post a Comment