Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Friday, October 12, 2012

Needle felting a kitty

I am so happy with my first needle felted kitty!  I've always wanted a little yellow cat but my allergies prevent it...now I can have all of the cat's I want, lol.


Needle felted kitten
I made the kitty without any armature, but she can still do a few poses.  She can sit down, or sit up, with her paws up.

Needle felted kitten
I hope one day I'll be able to make realistic animals, but for now I'm happy to be able to make these little guys.

Needle felted kitten
Here's the kitty looking at the ebook that I used for inspiration... mine is not modeled after any of the cat's in the book, but I did use the pictures for inspiration regarding shapes needed for ears and paws and tails, etc.  I also looked at pictures of real cats to get the slope of the back right.

Needle felted kitten looking at other felted kittens
From behind the kitty doesn't look kitty like but I think she's cute anyway.

Needle felted kitty looking at computer screeen
Needle felted kitty
She's tiny, only 2.5 inches long, but too big to be dollhouse miniature size.  She's the perfect size for my 8 inch dolls though.  I'll have to get a picture later.

I'm really enjoying needle felting and love that I can do it while watching TV!  It's so much fun to watch a lump of wool turn into a little critter.

I still have to glue the kitty's eyes in, and I may add whiskers; I'm not sure.  

Now, what should I name this kitty?  Any suggestions.

3 comments:

  1. Ohh, this is just too cute!! I have to give a try myself for my dollhouse, as I love this look you've created!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sanne! I want to make one small enough for my dollhouses too, although I'm going to have to try to sell my plastic canvas dollhouses. I hate to do it, but I'm moving soon and have to downsize.

    Puff...what a cute name!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete