Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Friday, April 13, 2012

Last pieces of furniture for "My Pink Dollhouse"

Dollhouse miniature plastic canvas chair, lamp, and table.
I'm done; woohoo!  I finished the final pieces of furniture that are included in the "My Pink Dollhouse" book.
Dollhouse mini plastic canvas furniture.

The pattern called for a darker color for the chair than it did for the sofa; if I were to do it again, I'd make them match.
Plastic canvas dollhouse living room with mini dolls and pc furniture.
The chair color does match the embroidered flowers on the couch, though, and also the pink in the fireplace, rug, border, and door frame, so it goes.  The lamp is adorable; I added a bead to the base to help hide the glue.  The living room looks more homey now.  I put some of the dolls in.  I love the little girl lying down by the fire.  I'll have to make granny a crochet basket, with some balls of yarn and a partially finished place mat so it will look like she made them, lol.  Or maybe I should make her a little plastic canvas set, so she cans stitch her own plastic canvas dollhouse, lol.  I'm in a silly mood today.
First two stories of plastic canvas dollhouse.
The cradle in the green bedroom and the highchair in the nursery are not a part of this pattern book.    I'm debating whether or not I should make a little dresser for the nursery.  There's one embroidered on the wall, but it's hard to see.  I also want to take a "family photo" of the dolls, and put it in a big frame, behind the couch (to hide the windows that are on the wrong wall, lol).

I just love this plastic canvas dollhouse.  I can't wait to start on another one...I think I'll do the Christmas Mansion next.  I also need to build up the courage to work on my wooden dollhouse kits.

Well, I should be writing...books don't write themselves, as much as they seem to when the words are flowing.  Right  now it's like pulling teeth, lol.  

Have a nice day!





4 comments:

  1. Wow what a wonderful house. I have to say I have never seen houses like these before. What talent you have.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done some plastic canvas in the past, it's a lot of work. I give you credit for a job well done. Very Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Deb.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete