Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Friday, October 14, 2011

Spiders phobia and Forest in a Jar

For weeks, I've been collecting bits of moss and lichen while out on my jaunts.  I wanted to try a moss terrarium, similar to the ones that are on Etsy. 
Yesterday I haunted the aisles of the Dollar Store and came home with more glass jars than I'll ever need.  Today I decided to spread everything out on my kitchen table, so I could start.
I chose a round jar, and was just about finished when a huge black spider climbed out of the moss container next to me.  I don't have a photo of the spider (I was too busy leaping up and screaming to snap a shot), but here's a picture of the moss container (taken BEFORE the spider emerged!):

 After I calmed down enough (which means I was still terrified but able to think...a little), I trapped the spider in a big coffee can and tossed the can outside.  Here's a photo of the can outside. The spider is hiding under the paper towel:

Here's my first moss jar, which I'm torn between calling "Forest in a Jar", or "Moose in a Jar".









































































No comments:

Post a Comment